I Finished THIRD in the Shorty Awards for Literature!





Thanks for all the votes.  The Academy are judging them between now and 3rd March, so I could end up in a higher or lower position, but I am definitely a finalist, and by their calculations (votes+content) at the close of the voting portion of the awards, I was third.  You know when they say 'the nominees are...'? One of those will be me :)

It has been an exhausting process - less so than for the Ms Twitter contest because we went crazy on that and fewer people were involved, but exhausting none-the-less.  There have been developments through the last couple of months.  I may have a writing-related announcement to make soon.  Keep an eye on the blog.

Thanks again everyone,

Rebecca
www.rebeccawoodhead.com 

Angie Ledbetter  – (7 February 2010 at 16:34)  

Yayyyyy!!! Love the new blog header. Hope you're writing well and keeping warm. Hugs

Eric  – (8 February 2010 at 18:48)  

Congrats. Sorry you didn't jump right up there to number 1, but 3rd isn't anything to be ashamed of either :) This is awesome.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (8 February 2010 at 19:00)  

Angie, thanks for your support. You're an angel. :)

Eric...um...thanks. I may still win - they don't finish judging until 3rd of March - but I sincerely hope I don't. Coming in third means I can miss the awards ceremony in New York. If I win, or am the runner-up, it'll be a bit more tricky to miss. I beat JK Rowling and am the only non-published writer in the final. More than good enough for me :)

Eric  – (9 February 2010 at 18:16)  

Doh! Sorry Rebecca. That's me not paying attention to things :) I'm still wishing you luck then. I'm sure you'll stay at least in 3rd. That is so awesome too. How many times in our lives can we say we beat out JK Rowling? :)

Rebecca Woodhead  – (10 February 2010 at 14:32)  

Eric: I know. Crazy! It's a bit mad that they want me to fly over to the US for the awards ceremony. My passport's too dusty for that kind of shenanigans.

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP