† Please Pray For My Dad. Thanks.


By chance, during an unrelated scan, my father was found to have an aortic aneurysm. We were told in May that there was a one in four chance he could die any day. I can't imagine how terrifying this period of time has been for my dad. The surgery to fix this problem was life-threatening but necessary.

He went through the operation, only to wake from the anaesthetic and be told they'd done nothing. A huge, painful scar showed the ordeal of the operation, but the aneurysm was still in place. It was in an awkward position, and he would need treatment elsewhere - if a doctor could be found who was willing to take on the surgery.

We waited. Eventually, a wonderful doctor stepped forward. Dad was making a good recovery from the first operation when we heard he would now go in for another. Dad was adamant that the operation should go ahead as soon as possible. A few days ago, it did.

The last couple of days have been very difficult. The operation took over eleven hours. He has been in an induced coma since then. There was a point when we thought he would have a leg amputated, but that has not happened. Yesterday, he came out of the coma but was not able to speak. He's now been sedated again. We can't communicate with him, and we don't know how he feels or what the effects of the operation have been on him. 

During the last operation, so many people online prayed for my dad and when I told him of this, it meant so much to him. He can't tell me anything at the moment, but I know it would mean a lot to him if my online friends prayed for him again. Please tell people at your churches, and ask them to share his story and pray. If you are not a religious person, please keep him in your thoughts, and think positively about his recovery.

Thank you.

Rebecca

Unknown  – (3 October 2010 at 13:24)  

I'm not a religious person, but I will keep him in my thoughts. Hope he recovers swiftly.

Marisa Birns  – (3 October 2010 at 13:26)  

I, too, have a loved one who is recuperating from a difficult surgery so I understand exactly the feelings that are prevalent in your family right now.

I send prayers, positive thoughts, and much hope that your dad recovers from this ordeal very soon.

Rachael Lucas  – (3 October 2010 at 15:05)  

Oh Rebecca, how awful for you and for him. Sending love, prayers and positive healing thoughts to him. The waiting must be unbearable. Much love.

Unknown  – (3 October 2010 at 17:00)  

Prayers and blessings for you all. Take Care.

Jennifer Perry  – (3 October 2010 at 17:01)  

My very wonderful prayer group has been called into action quite a bit this week. So we are warmed up and ready to pray for your precious and much loved father.
Love to you and yours, Rebecca.
JennPerry
aka PerryJenn

Rebecca Woodhead  – (3 October 2010 at 17:03)  

Thank you so much everyone.

JP - that is so kind of you. Thank you so much.

duettists  – (4 October 2010 at 10:51)  

I am thinking of your Dad, Rebecca and pray that he will recover soon.
All good wishes,
Jean Collen

Rebecca Woodhead  – (4 October 2010 at 11:35)  

He's still in and out of consciousness. Going to see him later today. I'll send your best wishes.

Rebecca

xx

Agastya  – (15 October 2010 at 19:12)  

Your Dad is very Strong... it sounds like he knows the challenge that's ahead of him. We will certainly pray for him during our Sunday "Path of Miracles" online call. May I ask his first name, please?

Rebecca Woodhead  – (16 October 2010 at 00:15)  

Hi Agastya. His name is Charles. Thank you for your kindness. This means so much to my Dad. His kidneys have struggled since the first operation (side effect). He has also lost his appetite. Please pray for his kidneys and appetite to recover. Thank you.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (15 February 2011 at 16:23)  

UPDATE: Feb 2011. Dad is out of the coma, home, and playing with a new kitten. Thank you for all the prayers. xxx

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP