Want to Appear in This Glossy Magazine? (Podcast)




Not only could some of you appear in this magazine, there's SO much more exciting stuff that has happened and been arranged for you. I told you I was up to something - conspiring behind your backs to make great things happen for you - well here's the first part of that. It's AWESOME!

Listen to the podcast above for the AMAZING news about what has happened to me, and what I have negotiated for you as a consequence. I said I would find a way to pay you back for all your support, and I have. This is the biggest ever opportunity for the Word Nerd Army to show their stuff. Leave loads of comments! 


  • How much would you be comfortable to pay for an annual subscription? 
  • What about a digital version? What device do you use, what country are you from, and what do you think would be a good price?
  • What kind of content do you want? 
  • What questions do you need answered?
  • What excites you about the idea of a regular self-publishing magazine?
  • Of course, as I'll have a column in the magazine, I'll be looking for people to interview. Why should you be featured in Publish Now! ?
Leave your answers in the comments section, and please ask everyone in your own blog communities, and on Twitter and Facebook, to come here and leave their own comments. The more interest there is, and the more magazines are sold from this blog, the more likely you'll get the magazine you really want, at last.


Angie Ledbetter  – (1 September 2010 at 19:43)  

Yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!! So so so excited for you, and the endless possibilities.

Sign up this Word Nerd, won't ya? Hitting the Twitter/FB trail now. Email me detail on the blog button, and of course, am interested in the mag., and you def are invited to post info at my blog next week on Writerly Wednesday.

I couldn't be more happy for you! *hugs*

Rebecca Woodhead  – (1 September 2010 at 22:53)  

Yay!! A comment! And one from such a fine lady as Ms Ledbetter. I am truly honoured. Thank you so much for your kind words and I'll tell the editor you're interested in putting up a button. WAHOOO! Two of my fave literary peeps have got behind this magazine. I'm a happy bunny. *Hugs back*

Anonymous –   – (2 September 2010 at 02:29)  

Hey, congratulations. Well done!

DocRichard  – (2 September 2010 at 09:19)  

I have just bought one, because I am being pressured by my family to publish my poems.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (2 September 2010 at 12:50)  

Thanks Nathan! I'm brimming over with ideas for articles, but it's great having such a big community to call on for quotes. Journalism's such a doddle these days compared with the past, isn't it? Gawd luv the internet!

Richard, you wonderful person! Thanks for supporting the magazine. I think you'll find it really helpful. Let me know when you start pulling the poems into book format as I'm sure I can point you towards some supportive chaps to help with things like editing and marketing - or just sharing poems.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (2 September 2010 at 13:39)  

Don't forget to let me know what kinds of things you want in the mag. I'm on the inside, dudes, I can make it happen! (Probably. There's a fairly high chance. I'm confident. I'd stake a cup of Earl Grey on it.)

Anonymous –   – (2 September 2010 at 16:55)  

OMG Rebecca this is absolutely amazing! Am so happy for you, well done for working so hard to make all this happen! Will "like" this on facebook immediately :)

Ellie xxx

Chell  – (3 September 2010 at 21:12)  

Would you have room for a Environmental column? You know stuff on what we can all do the save the environment and save ourself some cash as well!

Rebecca Woodhead  – (4 September 2010 at 00:26)  

Hi Chell,

I don't think there are plans for an environmental column as it's very specifically to do with self-publishing, which is considerably more environmentally friendly than traditional publishing as much of it is P.O.D. so there's no call for pulping vast numbers of unsold books. Something that happens all the time in traditional publishing.

There's plenty on this blog about those issues though. I recommend you look at the post called Recession Expression. - http://tiny.cc/RecessionExpression

I will certainly be writing about frugal approaches in my column, however, as I'm a bit of an expert on that kind of thing, and if Lulu suddenly develops a more environmentally friendly ink or something, I'll certainly mention it. :)

Anonymous –   – (14 September 2010 at 05:07)  

I am interested. Though how I would fit in hasn't occurred to me yet, I most certainly would subscribe.

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP