Did We Make the Final of the Shorty Awards?



This is the screen shot when the contest closed this morning.  All those in the first five of each category go through to the finals.  It looks as if we are all through, as are Stephen Fry and my friend Anne (of Izzibag) but it's not that simple.  Over the weekend, MC Hammer and his chums at The Academy will judge things.  Any one of us could yet be booted out.  


For a moment, let's just enjoy this screen shot.  We are all placed and - more amazingly - we are all placed higher than Britney Spears.  If that's not an indication of Twitter Power I don't know what is.


Must sleep and write but I'll be back soon.  Don't forget to sign up to my newsletter at the top, and feel free to forward it to friends.


Thanks for all your support,


Rebecca xxx
www.rebeccawoodhead.com 

Rebecca Woodhead  – (2 February 2010 at 14:56)  

To save me putting up another photo, the answer is...yes! I was chosen as a finalist by the esteemed Academy of MC Hammer and his chums. Hurrah!

As far as I was concerned, that was it. My goal was to get literature to be promoted to an official category and to get a word nerd into the finals (and, hopefully, me too.) Since I am both myself and a word nerd...mission accomplished. However, when I reiterated this aim it was met with crossness. It seems the Word Nerd Army want to go for gold. Well, it's all in their hands anyhow - I can't vote for myself - so let's see how they do. Go word nerds!

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP