From Agent to Bin

Rejection letter. One glimmer of goodness however, they said:

'Your writing is fluent and easy to read'

Please send comments. I'm sad. :(

Alissa Grosso  – (16 June 2009 at 14:01)  

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but since they do compliment your writing it just means that your work wasn't a good fit for them. I don't see that as a bad thing. It will be much better to find an agent who is a good fit for you and I'm sure that she or he is out there somewhere.

Bonnie @ Everything Above The Grass.  – (16 June 2009 at 14:17)  

I know its hard but look at the glass half full - at list they didn't say your writing is crap. I'm sure there is an agent out there that will love your novels and feel so lucky that they found you. It just takes some time for the good ones to find you :)

Eric  – (16 June 2009 at 15:09)  

I'm so sorry Rebecca. I'm proud of you anyway though, stepping up and trying anyway. In this industry (as I've heard so often), it's rough and takes alot of courage to put your work out there. Hold your head high, take a day off from worrying about what is not quite right, then re-evaluate things. Re-read what you offered up, make sure your writing is tight (fixing what isn't of course), and then if it's ready, submit it elsewhere. You know you can do it, so don't lose yourself among the rejections.

London Belle  – (16 June 2009 at 15:53)  

everything happens for a reason - usually for something better to come along! your publisher will come!!
xx

JESSJORDAN  – (16 June 2009 at 16:37)  

We've all been there, and it sucks. But you're getting your writing out there. And hey, it's just a rejection. There are a million more stops to make on the query train before you need to get sad. Cheer up ... and if you can't, eat chocolate. I find that always helps. Best of luck in finding an agent-mate!

Anonymous –   – (16 June 2009 at 16:44)  

sorry about the rejection, but keep persevering. Talent like yours is sure to succeed :)!

Angie Ledbetter  – (16 June 2009 at 17:12)  

Take the compliment and move ahead. That perfect set of eyeballs is just waiting for your ms!

Unknown  – (16 June 2009 at 18:11)  

First compliments, then partial requests, then full requests, then publication! No worries--you're on the way!

Glynis Peters  – (16 June 2009 at 18:26)  

Big hug and keep doing what you do well. What do they know ;0 May you find a rainbow in your cloud.

Davin Malasarn  – (16 June 2009 at 18:35)  

Hang in there, Rebecca! You got positive comments, and that is a BIG deal. So, congratulations for getting that far. I'm starting my submission process now as well, and I'm bracing myself for a lot of rejection.

Clementine  – (16 June 2009 at 20:24)  

Ya know, this is going to sound so weird but I keep all of the nice things that people say in a file. When I get a rejection, (and I received one yesterday for my middle grade historical novel) I pull out those comments. Then I write some more. Hang in there, it WILL happen. The only way it won't is if you quit.

Ana - The Writer Today  – (16 June 2009 at 21:08)  

I am sorry about the rejection you got. I think the market is very competitive and like you said, due to the recession, everywhere, the agents/editors/publishers,etc. are being more selective than ever. It would have been nice if they had given you suggestions on how to make your story unforgettable.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (16 June 2009 at 22:20)  

I really want to send each of you thank you messages but there are so many. Thank you all so much. I read them all and they made me feel so much better. Thanks for the support

Rebecca xxxx

Danyelle L.  – (17 June 2009 at 01:16)  

Sorry about your rejection. I hope you get feeling better soon! :D

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP