Stephen Fry Sent me a Direct Message and Hubby got a Job!


Wonderful Day

Most important bit first... If you've been following the blog, you'll know how utterly impoverished the good ship 'Woodhead' has been of late. This became even more the case when the company my lovely husband worked for went down at the start of the year and he was made redundant (not glamorous 'we've put money aside for our employees' redundancy but statutory 'here's some pennies from the government to buy some gruel' redundancy.) The months have stretched out with only part time employment for 4 months until this morning. Hubby has been offered a full time job at last. It pays peanuts and I'm allergic to peanuts but still... it's a job! There is much merriment in the house and we are about to settle down to a celebratory feast of porridge and golden syrup.

The other bit of grin-inducing news is that Stephen Fry sent me a direct message. Can this day get any better?

Eric  – (20 May 2009 at 15:06)  

Wooohoo! Congrats Rebecca. I have quietly worried about you from time to time, hoping things were not as dire as I'd imagined. But I'm very happy to hear things are turning up for you.

Bonnie @ Everything Above The Grass.  – (20 May 2009 at 15:55)  

So exciting! I'm sure it's like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. The direct message is now the cherry on top!

Toad  – (20 May 2009 at 17:12)  

Congrats to all. Back to editing now.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (20 May 2009 at 17:47)  

Thanks you two. We're not out of the poverty quicksand yet but we're not sinking as fast and the delicious rose-scented presence of Mr Fry makes everything a little happier.

To be honest, with the way the 'benefits' system works over here, we'll probably be worse off financially for a bit but living from pay cheque to pay cheque feels better than living from benefit cheque to benefit cheque somehow. Until I 'do a JK Rowling' and magic up an almighty 'kerching' publishing deal, this is definitely a step in the right direction. It's so tricky to get a job in this market too so I'm chuffed to bits that he's done it.

Operation 'Land Ahoy' is well underway!

Rebecca Woodhead  – (20 May 2009 at 17:50)  

Yes Toad! What would I do without you all keeping an eye on me? Only 11 days, 6 hours and 11 seconds to go after all. Won't let you down.

Bonnie @ Everything Above The Grass.  – (20 May 2009 at 17:56)  

Toad seems to be the Twitter police... Good job!

Rebecca Woodhead  – (20 May 2009 at 18:29)  

It's worse than that - Brian and London Belle have so far been the Twitter police. Toad is now the Blogger police. I'm banned from the information superhighway entirely. I'm logging off now. Back to editing. :)

London Belle  – (20 May 2009 at 19:52)  

Thats excellent news!! Congrats!
and I'm so jelly I LOVE Stephen Fry - he's like the god of knowledge!
xx

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP