Back to The Plan

Yesterday was a sparkly day of wonder but, as I was talking at the speed of Gilmore Girls dialogue about the excitingness of it all, my husband's left eyebrow raised a fraction. He had shown approval and support and shared - in his own way - in the excitement but this eyebrow-lift marked a change of direction. I shut up.

'How much editing have you done recently?' he asked.

It was a fair question and a fair answer would have been 'not enough,' however I launched into a justification of why editing had not been my top priority. I listed the guest blog and the importance of my own blog and the whole 'getting-people-to-know-about-the-blog' thing and the importance to agents and publishers of blogs, etc, etc...

He lowered the left eyebrow. He raised the right eyebrow.

'So you're saying I have to edit? You're saying I need to send off my manuscript?' I spat.

'When did you last send off a manuscript?' he asked.

I thought back to my blog. It was back in December. The 'writers write' post taunted me from the shadows of my brain. 'Bloggers blog,' I thought hopefully. Well, bloggers may well blog but my goal is to be a writer of novels not just blogs.

So, here I am. The blog will be updated, but maybe not every day. Perhaps I could call upon my readers to chat amongst themselves for a while. Hit the comment button and play nicely in my brief absence. I have two novels to edit and a lot of stamps to buy.

When I return, it would be a lovely surprise to see a new follower or two. Think you could spread the word to the interested?

Ta muchly. Back soon.

Rebecca

Rebecca Woodhead  – (6 March 2009 at 14:38)  

Crikey! I put up today's post and a new follower immediately appeared. Hello new follower! Welcome to the blog.

Anonymous –   – (6 March 2009 at 15:08)  

It's funny how things work out like that. I understand the need to balance everything and to keep your focus on your main goal. Good luck with your editing. Maybe one day soon you will have the great news of your novel(s) being picked up by an agent and/or publisher.

Angie Ledbetter  – (6 March 2009 at 17:29)  

I'm with ya in the editing/revising boat. Ug...do your arms get as tired of paddling as mine do? :)

Rebecca Woodhead  – (6 March 2009 at 18:01)  

just a bit! :)

Thanks for following.

Rebecca

Unknown  – (6 March 2009 at 18:07)  

Well, you got one new reader! Gotya in my RSS.

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP