3 Month Blog Birthday! Bring out the Champers!

The blog just turned three months old! Three whole months since I made my first step into the Land of Blog and I just got my blogging birthday present of my 20th follower - Adrienne. Very nearly 7 a month. Champagne all round.

Adrienne - I tried to comment on your blog but the function doesn't seem to be working. I have a major coincidence to share with you. Let me know when it's working again and I'll post it on your blog.

Right, well the blog can stay up all night and party on American time if it wants to but I'm sleepy so I'm going to turn in. Don't let it get drunk and do anything stupid. I'll allow gatecrashers if any of your friends want to come round but if the neighbours start complaining you all have to go home.

Nighty-night All,

Rebecca

Anonymous –   – (16 March 2009 at 00:33)  

happy 3 month birthday! I love reading your blog everyday, I'm so glad you started it.

Toad  – (16 March 2009 at 01:29)  

Congratulations on your anniversary. We all have too much to do, and I appreciate it when interesting people take the time to share their world with us. Keep it up. Please.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (16 March 2009 at 13:32)  

Thanks Lynn, that's really sweet of you. I've been hanging out at your gaff listening to your music and laughing about Top Gun and playing loud music.

Toad, thanks for hopping over. Congratulations on your installation/sculpture, it is quite breathtaking.

Once I attain the dizzying heights of above-subsistence-level-poverty I plan to invest in some sculpture. My husband's an artist and claims that sculpture is just what you trip over in a gallery as you step back to take a better look at a really good painting but I'm a big fan and I think I can talk him round.

Historically, I collected oriental porcelain - Ming, Chien-Lung etc - but they've since become rent and meals. Never mind. I'm sure things will turn around sooner or later.

The tricky one to part with was a really lovely, Ming vase - not a posh one - it was probably a ginger jar initially, but it was gorgeous. It had scrolling flowers on it and aside from a little firing fault, which I loved, was totally immaculate. I used to hold it and rub the surface - you know that kind of soapy feeling you get with Ming? - it was so beautiful. All those hundreds of years of people using and looking at this wonderful thing and I got to know it for just a little while. I bought it when I was a teenager and it was with me for nearly 20 years before we had to sell it to pay rent. It was such a sad day when it was auctioned. It had quadroupled in value, which was nice, but it was like losing a little friend. I gave away a stand with it because I wanted it to be comfy in its new home. I'm sure it's happy in it's new abode and I'm sure your sculpture will be happy with you.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (16 March 2009 at 14:09)  

Dan - thanks for the comment. I haven't published it as it seemed more of an email than a comment and I couldn't remove your address from it but I'd like to quote one bit... 'How exciting to find your blog with such great advice.' I'm basking in the glow of the comment as we speak. Great news on your recent successes. I'll email you back and I might post something about what you've been up to at a later stage if that works for you. Welcome to the blog.

nicegirl3007  – (16 March 2009 at 14:13)  

congrats on your blogs 3 month bday

Anonymous –   – (16 March 2009 at 14:21)  

Good job Rebecca. I remember like it was yesterday when I was...what your 10th follower? You have really done a nice job with your blog. Keep up the fine work.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (16 March 2009 at 14:31)  

Thanks Brian

I've got four new followers in the last day! I think the blog must have had quite a party while I was asleep!

Joanne  – (16 March 2009 at 16:27)  

One more guest to the party! Congrats on your 3 month anniversary, it's a great writing community to enjoy!

Rebecca Woodhead  – (16 March 2009 at 18:08)  

Thanks Joanne. That's sweet of you. I put up a comment on your blog.

Sharon  – (16 March 2009 at 23:52)  

Congrats on three months. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving a comment. I will return here to follow your story.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (16 March 2009 at 23:53)  

Thanks Angie :) The blog's exciting day is nearly over now. Been a good one. I'm up late again. Working on a couple of articles. They are about totally different things and yet, somehow, I keep coming back to the same point. There's one little issue bugging me at the moment and I'm trying not to write about it and, because I'm trying not to write about it, it keeps showing up in both of the articles. Really annoying.

Think I might have to write a third article - about the annoying thing - just to get rid of it so I can finish the other two :)

London Belle  – (17 March 2009 at 02:05)  

Congratulations - I'm really looking forward to reading the next three months!

Eric  – (17 March 2009 at 15:16)  

Congrats Rebecca. I look forward to celebrating a similar noteworthy date myself, since I just recently joined the ranks of bloggers. Keep it up, we definitely enjoy reading everything.

Bonnie @ Everything Above The Grass.  – (17 March 2009 at 16:14)  

Congrats on the three month!! You're blog has been so amazingly intriguing and funny. I look forward to it everyday :)

Rebecca Woodhead  – (17 March 2009 at 17:38)  

Bloomin' heck folks! I'm sure I don't deserve all this loveliness. Thank you so much for the kind comments. I feel really bad now for not posting for a couple of days. Nearly finished the two articles - hopefully tie them both up tonight - and I'll put up another post on here.

Ta muchly!

Rebecca :)

Bonnie @ Everything Above The Grass.  – (17 March 2009 at 18:27)  

Question for you: I'm trying to place your banner on my blog and can't quite figure out how to do so, any suggestions? (Not quite a comment but couldn't find your message button) Thanks!

Rebecca Woodhead  – (17 March 2009 at 23:53)  

Bonnie that's so lovely of you. I really don't know what I'm doing, with web stuff, I just try stuff out and see what works. I think you just need to copy it, then probably save it to your machine and put it onto your page by going to 'add gadget' and choosing 'picture', then uploading it from your machine and putting the url of this site so it links back.

Is this right everyone? If not, say 'Rebecca doesn't know what she's talking about, do it like this...' then give further details. Thanks :)

Bonnie @ Everything Above The Grass.  – (18 March 2009 at 01:19)  

That's exactly what I did and it worked great. I really enjoy your writing, it has great flow. I really love words and you have a way with them - they just tinker right on out. I used to read the dictionary as a kid ;) Anyway, I'm eagerly looking forward to the release of your novel and hope you get an agent soon! I'm hoping you'll share some of your short stories or poems with the blog world.

fritopi  – (18 March 2009 at 03:22)  

congrats on the three months! and i wish you the best on your publishing adventure. i, too, hope to someday be published. i just have to write something first...

Rebecca Woodhead  – (18 March 2009 at 11:20)  

Fritopi, welcome to the blog and thanks for the comment. You might might find my 'writers write' post rings bells.

Bonnie! I can't believe you did that. It's so kind what you wrote. Thanks for the support. I put some creative writing up for you.

Bonnie has a gorgeous blog, everyone, about her life with her wonderful deaf dog, and best friend, Athena.

http://deafdogconversations.blogspot.com

Anonymous –   – (18 March 2009 at 20:20)  

Congratulations on your anniversary. Your blog is doing very well for a new blog. By the way your article is now published. Thank you so much for guest writing for us.

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP