I don't do NaNoWriMo. I've watched it since it first started, but didn't jump in until last year. BIG mistake. I am NOT NaNo compliant. It screwed up my whole writing year. No exaggeration. I already had everything I needed to write a novel. I'd done it before. The interference of others during the NaNoWriMo process wrecked it for me. The perfect creative flow established over the previous years jarred into a whole year of chaos.
In a way, this was a good thing. I had a bunch of non-creative stuff to do. The last year has been about the business side of writing:
- Setting things up for publication
- Building a kick-ass platform
- Getting smaller pieces of creative work published
- Getting articles published in print media
- Working out a solid business plan for my writing for the long term
Anyhow... back to NaNoWriMo. It is a great idea - if you're not me - and I plan to support it just as much as ever. Let me know in the comment section if you're taking part, and give me your Twitter name so I can add you to my NaNoWriMo list (the VERY FIRST EVER NaNoWriMo list on Twitter, by the way).