Need your Help to get Book out by end of September!

Update... I'll keep updating the smiley face below as funds come in, so bookmark this post if you want to keep an eye on things. We can make this happen! Ghost-written celebrity autobiographies may have the majority of the 'traditional' market but, every true word nerd knows...

the pen is mightier than the pin-up!

Progress over the last couple of days... Thought you might like to see this. Word Nerd Army kicks butt - again! :)



3 days of pretty, let's face it, slap-dash fundraising and I'm aleady 3/4 of the way there. Writers... are you watching this? Publishers don't run the show any more. Readers do. :)


The original message (before updates above):


Hi everyone. Lovely weather we're having. Look. I'm going to get to the point. I want this book published. It looked likely to happen, then my computer caught a virus and died so I had to buy another computer. Bang went my publishing budget. My goal has always been to get the novel published before the end of September this year. I need your help.


I won't go into tiny details about everything - they're in the announcement at the bottom of the page - all I will say is thank you to those of you who decide to help me reach this dream. I will do everything I can to help other writers when I'm published. You know this. I will also return this favour for other writers when I have the funds to do so. There are other options for funding I can use if this doesn't work, but wouldn't it be great if we were all part of this? Wouldn't it be great to bring this into the world together? 


If I manage to do this under budget, I will use left over funds for things like buying books to send to book bloggers - something that is beyond my reach as an authorpreneur - and buying books I can sign and give away in contests to my followers online.


What do you say? Can you spare a few pennies to get this book into the world? Anything you can spare will help. If you can't spare anything at all, I understand that. If you see an ad I put out on Twitter, and it looks interesting, click on it rather than working out the original URL - I'll make a couple of cents. It's only a couple of cents, but it's something. 


I'll put up the smiley face to let you see how close I am to getting the book out. It looks a bit grim right now, but I only started fund-raising today. It'll grin more as time goes on.


Thanks guys :)


Rebecca






For obvious reasons, refunds can't be given,
 so don't donate money you can't afford 
to give away. Feel warm fuzzies regardless of
the size of your donation though. You're very kind.
Thanks.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (28 July 2010 at 15:56)  

Guys. I know I said I'd quote from comments here in the article/s I do when the book is out, but I don't have to if you're not comfortable with it. I just thought it would be a nice way to pay you back with some awesome publicity. Just put (don't quote) at the end of the comment if you don't want any part of it quoted.

Thanks for the donations. Another thing is, if it asks you for your address, I won't use that to contact you - nor will I sell it or hand it to anyone. If you're happy for me to use your address to contact you, you're welcome to put a note to that effect with the donation, but I have no plan to. Don't worry. Am allergic to spam. :)

Rebecca Woodhead  – (28 July 2010 at 16:02)  

I wanted to say that I'd send a signed copy of the book at random to one of the donators - but I think there's some legal reason I can't do that. The thought was there. If there's money left over I'll definitely give away a signed copy to someone, but I think I'd have to make it open to everyone for legal reasons. Red tape eh? Sheesh! Anyway. If you help me get published, you are wonderful. Thank you.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (29 July 2010 at 22:38)  

Well, you're not leaving comments here, but you're certainly speaking with your wallets. You wonderful people. Thank you so much. If there are any problems with the button, you can just cut and paste the email that comes up when you press it, and donate to that via your own paypal account. Do whatever's easiest for you.

Another thing is that a lot of you have put in apologies for the size of donations. Guys... look at the smiley face. Every penny adds up, and that yellow line is moving up every day. If you want to give, just give what you can. No need at all for grand gestures. This has to be win-win (eek! Business speak!) for it to work. If you can't help with financial donations, someone else will. There's stacks of ways to help. Get involved when we get one of my books onto its first best seller list. You won't need to pay anything for that either. ;)

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP