The Most Expensive Tweet in the World?

Prepare to Laugh at My Expense


UPDATE: Order has been restored to Trumpton. It was a tech problem. I am, indeed, one of the 5,000 most influential people in the world on Twitter (but only whisper it in case the Bragging Fairy takes it away again!) Read what follows though, and feel free to mock me. It IS pretty bloody funny. 


I hope you find this as funny as I did. I honestly could not write this kind of comic timing. Nobody would believe it. 


For reasons I won't go into, for fear of disappearing into Irrelevant Tangent World,  I was feeling pretty shoddy about myself. I posted the following declaration:

I am so utterly, utterly cr*p sometimes. *Irons hands to make reparation*
In an attempt to cheer myself up, I thought I'd post my Twitter Grader score. Over the months, I'd noticed it sneaking closer to the top 5,000. I'd made a decision to share the news once it crossed into this magical 5k territory. I'd forgotten. At this moment of hand-ironing low self-esteem, however, it felt the perfect 'ta-da' moment to reveal my enviable status. The hope for a jolt in the ego that would make ironing my hands unnecessary was to be short-lived. 
Mildly fabulous (improbable) news: am now in top 5,000 on whole of Twitter!
I announced - with the URL to prove it. To make sure I'd put the right link up - anyone else ever get that paranoia? - I clicked it. The following comedy is mainly visual. In a 'before and after gone wrong' reveal, permit me to show you the screen capture of what I THOUGHT they'd see, followed by what they ACTUALLY saw. You'll like this:


 This is what they saw (screen shot taken - in disbelief - 1 minute later)


Either Twitter Grader is having technical problems or that one tweet was the most expensive - in influence terms - in the whole history of Twitter. Oh, the shame!! :P

Alissa Grosso  – (1 July 2010 at 13:56)  

Well, that will teach you to be all pessimistic on Twitter!

Ha, ha, that's pretty funny. I've been having my own technology issues this week, so it feels good to know I am not alone!

Rebecca Woodhead  – (1 July 2010 at 14:10)  

I took the opposite view. I thought Twitter was punishing me for bragging. Either way, I was daft to think technology would save me from my fate. There is, clearly, only one course of action now... Ow! This iron is... OW!.. so hot! :P

Anonymous –   – (1 July 2010 at 16:50)  

I think i need to start twittering!

Rebecca Woodhead  – (2 July 2010 at 12:31)  

Aretha: Do it! Do it! Do it! :)

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP