Amazon Drops Price of Kindle

A great day for word nerds. Amazon has slashed the price of the Kindle. I can't help but wonder if they decided to take Seth Godin's advice. With the iPad invasion, have they gone far enough?


My view is that tech experts are jumpy. They want the next, shiny, thing. Whatever comes up next, they turn their backs on the last thing and big up the new one. Readers are not all tech experts, however. Kindle owners buy LOTS of books. Amazon has been clever about making Kindle accessible on different devices. Even though Kindle books are fenced in with DRM, there is a Kindle app that lets you read them on iPad, for instance. Some people want computers. Some people want the experience of the iPad. Some people want a dedicated reading device. Some people want all of these things. I think Kindle is here to stay, and the price drop is a really good move from Amazon.

What do you think?


KINDLE - wish I'd had one of these as a student. Would have saved many trips to chiropractor. Have you got yours yet, US chums?


sponsored like
Rebecca Woodhead's profile on MyLikes






Stephanie  – (24 June 2010 at 20:35)  

I think it's a brilliant move! And as an epublished author, I am stoked about it!

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP