Can I Step Back Yet?




How does this image make you feel? Do you ever yearn for the days before Twitter, Facebook or blogs?  Do you miss anonymity?  In a constantly connected world, do you ever want to disconnect?  Is connection the new religion, and do you feel guilty if you want to step back?

Leave your thoughts in the comments.  

Rebecca 

Anonymous –   – (15 May 2010 at 09:58)  

I just posted this to my own blog :

I grew up with three channel television , no home computers ,no web, the cold war and a race to the moon.

Yesterday I watched Leonard Susskind lecture on Quantum Chromodynamics (the theory behind the Large Hadron Collider), caught news of the stabbing of an MP on twitter , 20 minutes before the BBC announced the story , watched the space shuttle launch on one of its last missions, and followed am enthralling cricket match.

Today and tomorrow I shall follow the Monaco grand prix whilst chatting online with fellow fans across europe


markdatko on twitter

Rebecca Woodhead  – (16 May 2010 at 02:59)  

Thanks for sharing that. I grew up with three channels TV too. I was lucky to be on computers early in the game, but there's more tech in a toaster today than there was in those old machines :)

Speedmonkey  – (13 July 2010 at 10:45)  

Our generation (I'm 39)benefit from the new tech. We did all the playing and simple stuff that made us what we are. I worry for my kids who have xbox, wii, nintendo ds, sky+ etc. They would rather sit, absorbed in a screen than go out and DO STUFF. My 8 year old loves it went we do something like visit the beach or when he visits a friend but I have to drag him out of his computer shell to do it in the first place.

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP