The Times Quoted My Tweet!




Today has Awesomesauce spread all over it!


First, I found out I had made it onto the Klout Top 100 list for the UK.



KloutUKTop100

Then I noticed I was on the same score as Peter Jones from that Dragon's Den programme on the telly!


Obviously - at this point - I headed to Twitter to tell all my chums about my great news, only to see a tweet claiming that I had been quoted on page 19 of....The Times!






Hubby returned from the local shop, I turned to page 19 and sure enough... 






Just when I thought the day could not improve, the postie arrived and this fell through my front door:


A minute ago, I noticed the Australian Prime Minister has just started to follow me. How the heck did he find out about me?  Today is just getting curiouser and curiouser.  What a great day!

Rebecca xxx

P.S. You can follow any or all of the Top 100 here - bit.ly/KloutUKTop100 

Alissa Grosso  – (30 March 2010 at 16:59)  

Wow! Rebecca what a great day! I was debating whether or not I should by a lottery ticket today because a two different fellow authors featured me on their blogs today, but you were quoted in The Times! That is awesome!

Eric  – (30 March 2010 at 17:05)  

Holy cow, Rebecca. You are a celebrity now. Quoted in The Times? Prime Ministers following your tweets? That is awesome. I hope you take a moment to do a happy dance.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (30 March 2010 at 17:57)  

Thanks guys! Great news Alissa. Well done. Eric, I've been doing happy dances all day. Thanks for commenting :) xxx


---
General point:

Rather than put up a new post, I thought I'd leave it here. People keep asking about when the first book is coming out and in which formats. There are a few technical and contractual issues which might affect how and when I can launch the book. Things are changing very fast. It may make more sense for me to release digital versions only to start with, and physical copies at a later stage. All the donkey-work is done. Now it's technicalities.

Will let you all know as soon as there is something to tell, but don't be surprised if I just post a 'published now' post one day. The steady countdown to an established launch date just might not happen with this first one. :)

Rebecca Woodhead  – (1 April 2010 at 15:13)  

Hi Charlie!

Mad isn't it? Couldn't believe it when I saw it on Twitter. :)

*  – (11 April 2010 at 06:09)  

I just discovered you & your Tweeting awesomeness via another writer's blogroll. Glad to have found you & looking forward to reading your writing!!

Cheers,
Terresa

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP