Author-in-Waiting Rebecca Woodhead for Ms Twitter UK!


The Countdown's Started! Can I Win This?

There's only a few days now before the winner's crowned Ms Twitter UK. To put it in perspective, the last winner of this was one of The Corrs and the winner of the American one was Mariah Carey http://www.mariahconnection.com/mariah-carey-crowned-ms-twitter-usa

Celebrities have done big publicity campaigns and harnessed huge fanbases to do well in these competitions. Can an unpublished author really win this thing? Can I beat 'Queen of Twitter' Lily Allen?

The celebrity publicity machines will start whirring over the next few days. I have no major media contacts - okay, a few journalists follow me on twitter but I don't have anywhere like the influence these guys have. The tools I have at my disposal are: my writing and you.

Need Your Help

I've been working really hard campaigning for votes and tired myself out. Last night I had an allergic reaction and this morning I woke up with a pulse of 107 which I couldn't calm down for ages. This happens sometimes with my health condition if I've overdone it and not slept enough and it's something I can get back under control (it's normal again now) but it's a warning and I need to take a couple of days off to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Of course, this happens on the day they put the countdown clock up doesn't it? Not great timing. Health's the most important thing though so I need to lean on my online chums a bit for a couple of days. If any of you feel able to put up a post about the Ms Twitter UK contest or can think of another social network where you can raise a bit of interest (facebook etc) then you'd be doing me a huge favour.

If anyone needs to find my different online places, they're all 'my name dot com' followed by the place or action. For example:

Ms Twitter UK http://rebeccawoodhead.com/vote

This Blog http://rebeccawoodhead.com/blog

twitter http://rebeccawoodhead.com/twitter etc.

The full list is at http://rebeccawoodhead.com

Hope that helps. Thanks everyone for all your support and fabulousness. I'm going to take a couple of days off now so I can be fresh for the last few days of the contest.

See you soon and thanks again,

Rebecca

Christopher Goodwine  – (21 July 2009 at 20:10)  

You'll win. You're the underdog: Everybody's hero!

Just don't let it go to your head ;)

Eric  – (21 July 2009 at 20:17)  

Don't go getting ill on us. You have to be a healthy Ms Twitter UK. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Rebecca Woodhead  – (22 July 2009 at 06:45)  

Christopher. Cheeky chap! I'm too fond of poking fun of myself ever to let anything go to my head and I have more than enough years of experience behind me now to know that a pat on the back is only a few inches from a kick in the pants!

Eric. Don't you worry about me, old chum. It's my own stupid fault. It's something that's happened every now and then for about 20 years now and it's very easy to predict when it will happen (and it's always my fault).

I have a very strong heart so it can cope when it happens but it's a bit of a scary symptom. I know how to fix it, I just need to be strict with myself for a few days and remind myself that it doesn't matter all that much if I don't win and that, really, there's precious little I can now do to sway things. It's down to my followers now.

Thanks for your concern and all your support. You're one of my best online buds and I'll catch up more once this contest's over :)

J.T. Oldfield  – (26 July 2009 at 02:54)  

top o' the morning to ya, gov'na! Or whatever you say over there. ;)

I gave you an award. Consider it an omen of good things to come.
http://bibliofreakblog.com/memes/kreativ-award/

Elizabeth McKenzie  – (27 July 2009 at 14:58)  

just finished voting. I'll try and get back to vote again. Good luck.

Stephanie Faris  – (29 July 2009 at 16:42)  

Impressive. You're beating out all those celebs? I don't really know how Twitter works...I'm trying to join now.

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP