The Best Bit of the Recession so Far was when... I bought 1 iron, 1 ironing board, 1 laundry basket and 20 wooden hangers for 20p!

Small recession related celebration on the blog today. I found a load of TESCO vouchers I’d been hoarding and managed to sort out all my laundry needs for the cost of a couple of chunks of chocolate. In these downturn days, the joy of a tremendous bargain is so very sweet.

The floor is open. How’s the recession treating you? What are the best bits? Have you started hoarding vouchers, making food from scratch or renting DVDs from the library? Discovered Freecycle? (We did and someone gave us a free TV!) Maybe, if you’re also a writer, you’ve lost your job and found more time to write. Whatever it is, banish the doom with a bit of recession celebration.

Finish the following sentence:

The best bit/s of the recession so far was/is when....

Stephanie  – (11 May 2009 at 14:30)  

I got some fantastic deals yesterday. I had a coupon for one of my favorite clothing stores- $30 off if you spent $60. There was a cute summery dress I had been spying for a month or so...$42.95. I found a cute little sweater too...$39.95. Store was having a Mother's Day sale...buy on item, get the second for half off. My entire bill after the sale and after my coupon was $34 and change. $83 worth for $34....that's what I'm talking about!!

Mukund  – (11 May 2009 at 16:05)  

Actually there are two things that have come good for me. I will go in the sequence in which they happened. One was my blog that I started during this period. A lot of satisfaction and I am having a great time with it. The second, well I got a job with lesser pay but a great profile. So, I am pretty ok with it as of now...

Rebecca Woodhead  – (12 May 2009 at 00:41)  

Hi Stephanie. Don't you love that bargain buzz?

Mukund. Congratulations on the job, that's brilliant news and I'm happy the blog's such a success. I chuckled when I read about your mum. India and England are not so far apart after all - the International Laws of Mums unite us all:

1/They never listen
2/We love them anyway!

Anonymous –   – (12 May 2009 at 01:02)  

Where should I start? Actually the recession has hit home prices hard enough that I can now afford the home I have been watching for months. I will be moving in June! I can say that the recession has NOT had an impact on my writing as I am still working on my draft revision and recently started a very exciting writing project. Speaking of the move...I would like too invite you to be a guest on my blog again (http://the-new-author.blogspot.com). Let me know if you are interested. The last time was a lot of fun. As for topics...I will leave that decision to you.

Rebecca Woodhead  – (12 May 2009 at 01:30)  

Ooh... home ownership. I am emerald green with envy. One day...

Thanks for the invitation Brian, I loved doing it last time. I'll email you.

Crikey - just noticed the time. Hubby's picked up some random late shifts at work - still nothing full time but it's something - and it's thrown my body clock out of whack. My big ambition for the week is to get to sleep before 2 am at least once.

Best of luck with the move. My best house-moving tip is: if you haven't worn, used or thought about it in a year, give it to charity.

Anonymous –   – (12 May 2009 at 14:16)  

Let me tell you...the house cleaning is going on as we speak and yes we are taking loads of things to the Salvation Army and Good Will. Heck, we delivered some clothes to a family down the road as well. I am a firm believer in your tip because it helps others and it is less for me to move.

Charlie Rice  – (13 May 2009 at 19:56)  

Well, my wife married me while I was unemployed. Without a doubt, she married me for love! lol

PS. Thaing are much better now!

Post a Comment

Welcome to the blog. I love to hear your feedback so don't be shy. You don't have to follow me but if you'd like to, just click the follow button. Thanks!


Cannot express how helpful these social media tools are

I write like
Margaret Atwood

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

My debut novel

My debut novel
Palaces and Calluses

My Website

My Website
All my blogs link from here

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP